Buying a guitar or any musical instrument is not easy. The buyer could be a beginner or a professional. Walking into an instrument shop and purchasing something that looks cool or is pricey is not the way you choose your guitar.
When is the right time to buy a professional guitar?
Are you a part of a band or do many solo performances? Do you feel like you need to take your playing to a higher level and maximize the tone of playing? Then yes, it is time you own your very own professional guitar.
How as a professional should you pick the right guitar?
- Quality is very important. If your budget allows you, then go for a custom made guitar or a handcrafted lutherie guitar rather than buying any standard piece. However, if you choose otherwise, then buy only a branded guitar.
- Do your homework. Shopping is fun but shopping for something of high value and long-term usage calls for extensive research. Study the available brands, types, colour, material, etc… of guitars that are currently available in the market. Visit the websites of the guitar companies to know more about your guitar. You can also gain information by talking to different guitarists and getting to know their hands-on-experience.
- Shop everywhere. This does not mean you go and buy a guitar from every store around you. Rather, take an effort to look not only at mega malls but also in local shops selling instruments and do search online and read product reviews to check for brands and explore the different features and sounds within each guitar.
- Time to short-list the choices. After researching, getting professional opinions, pen down the top 3 or 5 guitars that you want to try out and go for a test drive.
- Feel your guitar. Never buy a guitar without playing it first. Although you might have tried the same one from a friend earlier, never fail to try the brand new one for which you are going to pay for.
- You have waited, researched a lot, cut short your list of choices and finally made your decision. Just go ahead and finish your guitar shopping. Next stop – strum it and enjoy! It only keeps getting better.
Do not forget to choose the right guitar pick to go with your guitar. Moreover, while performing on stages, definitely consider buying an amazing yet loud amplifier for the best sound effects. Fender is one of the best options. To know more, read about the Fender Rumble 500 review online in particular. We hear that it is the best in town.…