Hiking Essentials For Women
Are you going for hiking for the first time? Are you still wondering about what all you should carry with you? Well, it can be a bit confusing to decide on what to keep with you and what not to carry. So, while packing your backpack you should keep in mind the circumstances and accordingly decide on the things that should be carried. Circumstances such as you are going alone or have some company for hiking, or if you hiking at some place where you might encounter some poisonous insects etc. But that does not mean you end up over packing.
Some essentials to keep with you while you go for hiking are the following:
- Most important thing is to carry the appropriate clothes.You must pick the clothes according to the climate of the region where you will be hiking. If it is cold then better to carry thin but warm clothes instead of carrying those heavy jackets and coats.
- Carry gloves and hat which will shield you from direct sun rays. Also, wear sunglasses to protect your eyes on sunny days.
- Wear good footwear that will keep your feet safe in those uneven terrains. These are quite affordable and you can even find the best women’s hiking boots at a reasonable price.
- If you go for an overnight hiking then better to carry a foldable tent or sleeping bag or sleeping pad so that you don’t sleep directly under the stars.
- When you go for hiking, due to extreme physical exertion you tend to burn a lot of calories. Thus, you must eat food to replenish the burned calories.You can carry hot meals else carry cold foods such as nuts and dried fruits, nutrition bars etc.
- You must keep yourself hydrated and thus carry ample of water or a water purifier that can be used for filtering lake water for drinking.